Beauty may be more than skin deep, but the health and appearance of the skin can profoundly affect a person's self-esteem and confidence. That's where estheticians come into play, and for those aiming high in this field, especially with a medical/clinical inclination, the Esthetics Program at the Hair Design Centre in Halifax is the place to start.
The HDC Halifax aesthetics program is 1500 hours over the course of 10 months. The program begins in a traditional classroom setting and transitions into our on-site, fully functional spa for practical, hands-on esthetics training. Esthetics students are trained in the fundamentals of facial services, hair removal, makeup techniques, nail services and enhancements, and then progress to infection control, anatomy, chemistry and skin sciences. Our program is so robust that 9 out of 10 graduates secure employment in the industry within a month of graduating.
The Pathway to Medical/Clinical Esthetics
Medical estheticians are the elite members of the beauty industry, collaborating with dermatologists and plastic surgeons, providing skin treatments before and after surgical procedures, and giving specialized treatments to patients with skin problems. The Esthetics Program at Hair Design Centre not only sets the foundation for those looking to venture into the medical side of esthetics but also equips students with comprehensive skills for various beauty treatments.
The Esthetics Progam at HDC features a diverse curriculum to include:
1. Manicuring: From the basics of nail care to the artistry of permanent gel polish and creative nail art, students are taught to transform nails into works of art.
2. Pedicuring and Advanced Foot Care: The program delves deep into foot care, teaching not just standard pedicuring but also advanced and diabetic foot care – essential in today’s aging population.
3. Skin Mapping: Recognizing skin types and conditions is foundational in esthetics. Skin mapping provides a detailed analysis, allowing for tailored treatments.
4. Skin Therapy Treatments: Both face and body treatments are covered, ensuring all-round expertise.
5. Advanced Facials: Move beyond the basics with treatments that address specific skin conditions and advanced techniques.
6. Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, and Dermaplaning: These are essentials in modern-day skincare, providing solutions for everything from acne scarring to fine lines.
7. Laser Hair Removal: An introduction to this popular semi-permanent hair removal method.
8. Lash and Brow Tinting: Perfect for those wanting to enhance their eyes without daily makeup application.
9. Makeup Techniques: From everyday looks to high fashion and bridal, mastering makeup application is key.
10. Waxing: A comprehensive coverage of facial, body, and bikini waxing.
11. Relaxation and Hot Stone Massage: Not just about beauty, the program ensures students can provide relaxation treatments too.
12. Sanitation and Infection Control: An absolute must in this industry. The program emphasizes the importance of maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Why Choose to Study Esthetics at HDC?
The Esthetics Program at Hair Design Centre Halifax is known for its comprehensive curriculum, expert instructors, and state-of-the-art facilities. But beyond that, the emphasis is on real-world practice, ensuring students are not only theoretically sound but also practically proficient.
For those with a passion for beauty and a desire to make a difference in the lives of their clients, the Esthetics Program at HDC Halifax is more than just an education – it’s a gateway to a fulfilling and prosperous career. So, whether you envision yourself in a high-end spa, a dermatologist's office, or running your own practice, this is the place to begin your journey.